Coach Emily is an accomplished endurance athlete and performance coach. Having grown up around endurance sports through her father, Emily quickly become hooked with the sport once she enrolled at the University of Missouri and joined the school’s triathlon race team. After her freshman year, she become the team president and from there found a love and passion for the sport. After earning her bachelor’s in health sciences with a minor in psychology she then earned her master’s in sports psychology. This naturally lead her to follow in her dad’s footsteps and become a coach.
Today, Emily focuses primarily with beginner to intermediate level athletes and loves passing on all aspects of what she’s learned and continues to learn of the sport.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Health Sciences with a Minor in Psychology at the University of Missouri—Columbia (Mizzou)
- Master’s Degree (M.Ed) in the Sports Psychology field called Positive Coaching with the Education, School, and Counseling Psychology Department (M.Ed.) at the University of Missouri—Columbia (Mizzou)
- USA Track & Field (USATF) Level I Certified Coach
- USA Triathlon (USAT) Level I Certified Coach
- NSCA-CPT (In-Progress) + CPR Certification (In-Progress)
Specialty: Natural Running Form Gaitology and Analysis, Positive Coaching and Sports Psychology
Notable Athletic Results/Achievements:
- 2012 USAT Long Course Female 19 and under Age Group National Champion
- Multiple USAT Team USA Qualifier for Sprint, Olympic and Long Course (2012, 2014, 2015)
- 2015 IM 70.3 Hawaii – Female 20-24 1st place, qualifier for IM 70.3 World Championship
- 2017 IM Santa Rosa Female 20-24 2nd place, IM World Championship qualifier
- 2017 Ironman World Championship, Kailua-Kona, HI Finisher
- Multiple local, regional, and national age group and overall female winner